The first of the Internships we are supporting is working alongside Dr. Gavin Kearney and Dr. Michael McLoughlin and will consist of undertaking experiments relating to how audiences watch television and film experiences which will be used to inform new EAD production tools.
Specifically, the intern will:
- Set up experimental rigs
- Generate audio content for the experiments
- Perform listening tests on members of the public in our bespoke research facilities
- Analyse the results
- Write a report summarising your findings
Please see full details of this intership on our Handshake page.
Closing Date: 25th May
The second of the Internships we are supporting is for a Content Experience and Storytelling Intern who will work at The Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB). The internship is placed in the newly established Content Formats Project to analyse and assess the accessibility of different programme formats on TV. The first stage of this research project is to work closely with end users to determine their needs and expectations, in order to inform this and future research on Audio Description.
Specifically the intern will:
- Organise and facilitate user testing, and draft reports summarising feedback gathered during these sessions.
- Undertake the organisation and management of focus group sessions and user panels for research, feedback and pilots undertaken by the Media and Culture Team.
- Gather data and prepare presentations as the project requires.
- Maintain thorough notes on the accessibility of products linked to delivery of media, leisure and arts services with the ability to collate and share information.
- Contribute to team activity such as activity reporting and team meetings.
Please see details of this internship on our Handshake page.
Closing Date: 26th May